TERMS AND CONDITIONS – ‘Salt 106.5 SHINING STARS’
- Information on how to enter forms part of these conditions. Entry into the promotion constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Sunshine Coast Christian Broadcasters Association Inc., trading as “Salt 106.5”, 2A McKenzie Road, Nambour. ABN 88 280 613 828.
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, Sunshine Coast Christian Broadcasters Association Inc. includes all related and subsidiary companies, past, present and future officers, agents, representatives, employees and assigns.
- Entry Requirements
- The promotion commences at 7.00am AEST on Tuesday, 2nd May 2017 and entries close at 8.00am AEST on Monday, 15th May 2017 (the Promotion Period).
- To enter the draw, participants must register their non-profit or charity organisation via the link at salt1065.com.
- Listeners and supporters vote for their preferred non-profit or charity organisation via the link at salt1065.com.
- Registrations will take up to 24 hours to appear on the Salt 106.5 website.
- Salt 106.5 reserves the right to remove any organisation that may conflict with the stations’ mission and value statement, or does not comply with Terms and Conditions.
- There is a limit of vote per person.
- Incomplete and incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid.
- Prize and Draw
- The prize may not be transferred or substituted except at the Promoter’s discretion. This prize is not transferable for cash. This prize cannot be exchanged, transferred of gifted to another party without permission from the promoter.
- Every registered non-profit or charity organization will be given two months’ worth of online advertising with Salt 106.5 – valued at $500 to be used by 15th November 2017. Placement, style and content of this advertising is at the discretion of Salt 106.5.
- Five times per weekday Salt 106.5 announcers will randomly draw out one organization who will be given the opportunity to win $1000 worth of on air sponsorship. The announce will read out the name and an official from that organization will have twelve minutes to call 5442 1065 to claim the $1000 Salt 106.5 on air station sponsorship package.
- If unclaimed, the sponsorship package will jackpot in multiples of $1000 until it is claimed (see 3.c.) for the duration of the competition.
- Once an organization has been drawn, it will not be drawn again for the duration of the promotion.
- Every organization registered will have the opportunity to be given an additional $25,000 sponsorship package. This is based on listener votes via the link at Salt 106.5.
- The organization with the most votes as of 8am 15th May 2017 will receive the $25,000 sponsorship package, as per terms and condition set out in 3.h to 3.i.
- Sponsorship packages must be used and campaign completed by May 1st
- It is not the responsibility of Salt 106.5 to ensure that any sponsorship package is used.
- Sponsorship packages are to be used in the form of a Salt 106.5 on-air and website campaign only (except at the discretion of the Promoter).
- On-air campaigns will on-air as Run-Of-Station (5am – 12 midnight seven days a week). Any deviation of this will involve additional costs, payable by the winner.
- Additional on-air sponsorship spots can be added at the expense of the winner.
- Sponsorship packages do not include any external production cost. Any external production costs will be the responsibility of the winning organization.
- The winner will be announced on air by Salt 106.5 management and the decision will be final, based on the voting information received as of 8am, 15 May 2017.
- The winner’s details will be announced on Salt 106.5 and will be published on the Salt 106.5 website at http://www.salt1065.com.
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of any entrant being unable to satisfy these competition conditions, they forfeit or they don’t claim the prize. If the prize remains unclaimed or forfeited through ineligibility or otherwise, the Promoter will conduct a further draw or draws, as required, before the end of 15th May 2018. The winner of the subsequent draw will be announced on Salt 106.5 and published on http://www.salt1065.com.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. By entering the promotion, and unless otherwise advised, each entrant also agrees to be entered into a database and the Promoter may use the entrants’ names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses and the winners’ names and addresses and photographs for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide, including sending the entrant electronic messages, without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant.
- The Promoter does not take any responsibility for any costs associated with entering and/or accessing this competition.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned due to any reason, including unauthorised intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) in it’s sole discretion to cancel the promotion or to disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to state legislation.
- If the Promoter becomes aware that a prize winner is in breach of any Entry Requirement contained in these Terms and Conditions the Promoter may deem that prize winner ineligible.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoters) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Conditions of Entry; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant and/or (f) redemption of the prize.
The Charitable and Non-Profit Gaming Act 1999 (Qld) as a Category 4 Game.
AEST means Australian Eastern Standard Time.
FM means frequency modulation as used for radio broadcasting.
Salt 106.5 means the radio frequency operated by the Promoter on Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
Business Day means a day other than a Saturday or a Sunday or a public holiday listed throughout Australia or Queensland.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS – General
Sunshine Coast Christian Broadcasters Association Inc. trading as Salt 106.5
1. All Salt 106.5 competitions are open to any/all Salt 106.5 listeners, however employees of Salt 106.5, its third (3rd) party partners/sponsors connected to the competition or promotion, its connected advertising agencies, their affiliates, representatives and their direct relative and household members are ineligible to enter or win any associated competition(s) conducted on Salt 106.5.
2. Only one (1) qualifier or winner per family per competition unless otherwise stipulated.
3. Each competition winner is not permitted to participate in any other Salt 106.5 competitions for a period of sixty (60) days thereafter.
4. All prizes, unless otherwise specified, are to be collected from Salt 106.5 studios 2 McKenzie Road Nambour QLD 4560. Proper identification will be required (valid driver’s license, passport, student card etc.)
5. Where Salt 106.5 elects to post a prize to a winner, no responsibility will be accepted by Salt 106.5 for the safe and effective postal delivery of the prize.
6. Winners under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Both individuals must sign an affidavit/release prior to the receipt of the prize.
7. In very unique situations, designated representatives will be allowed to accept prizes. Written authorization from the winner is required. Letter must include representative’s name, photocopy of winner’s photo ID or driver’s license. Salt 106.5 will qualify what constitutes a ‘unique situation.’
8. All unclaimed prizes after thirty days (30) days of being won will be forfeited, and a redraw may take place, all at 106.5’s discretion.
9. Salt 106.5 may due to unavailability of prizes, substitute another prize of equal/similar value.
10. Salt 106.5 is not responsible for defective prizes.
11. Salt 106.5, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors or representatives absolve themselves of any liability, financial or otherwise, resultant of any ‘on’ or ‘off’ air competition staged by the station.
12. All competition entries and associated material become the property of Salt 106.5. Furthermore, Salt 106.5 may withhold any competition material crucial to the completion of a competition.
13. All contestants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that Salt 106.5 has the right to publicise and/or broadcast his/her name, character, likeness voice, or all matters incidental herein.
14. Winners understand and agree that they are responsible for any/all taxes incurred on prizes received.
15. In the event a winner chooses not to accept a prize, they forfeit any and all claims to the prize which can then be awarded to a competition runner up at the time at the discretion of Salt 106.5.
16. All prizes are not transferable, and are void where prohibited by law.
17. All prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the winner, and Salt 106.5 excludes all warranties in connection with the prize to the extent permitted by law.
18. All contestants release from, and indemnify Salt 106.5 against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize(s) or participation in any contest including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
19. Winners understand and agree that they are responsible for any/all taxes incurred on prizes received.
20. Salt 106.5 cannot be held liable for malfunctions or drop-outs in its, or the entrants, telephone system.
21. In the case of a dispute over telephone lines, the decision of Salt 106.5 is final. In the event that two telephone lines are tied together during a phone-in competition, the entire phone call will be disqualified and another phone call will be taken. Salt 106.5 cannot award duplicate prizes to both parties in a ‘tied together’ situation. An example of a tied together call may be two telephone calls originating from the same location or residence, or a party line.
22. Salt 106.5 may terminate any contest at any time at its absolute discretion. In the event of such termination, Salt 106.5 may at its absolute discretion elect not to award any prize in respect of the terminated contest.
23. The decision of Salt 106.5 relating to any matter is final.
24. Salt 106.5 will publish the names of the winners of any prize with a retail value in excess of $500 on Salt 106.5 within 48 hours of the winner being selected. This will remain on the website for at least 7 full days.