COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Sunshine Coast Christian Broadcasters Association Inc. trading as Salt 106.5
1. All Salt 106.5 competitions are open to any/all Salt 106.5 listeners, however employees of Salt 106.5, its third (3rd) party partners/sponsors connected to the competition or promotion, its connected advertising agencies, their affiliates, representatives and their direct relative and household members are ineligible to enter or win any associated competition(s) conducted on Salt 106.5.
2. Only one (1) qualifier or winner per family per competition unless otherwise stipulated.
3. Each competition winner is not permitted to participate in any other Salt 106.5 competitions for a period of sixty (60) days thereafter.
4. All prizes, unless otherwise specified, are to be collected from Salt 106.5 studios 2 McKenzie Road Nambour QLD 4560. Proper identification will be required (valid driver’s license, passport, student card etc.)
5. Where Salt 106.5 elects to post a prize to a winner, no responsibility will be accepted by Salt 106.5 for the safe and effective postal delivery of the prize.
6. Winners under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Both individuals must sign an affidavit/release prior to the receipt of the prize.
7. In very unique situations, designated representatives will be allowed to accept prizes. Written authorization from the winner is required. Letter must include representative’s name, photocopy of winner’s photo ID or driver’s license. Salt 106.5 will qualify what constitutes a ‘unique situation.’
8. All unclaimed prizes after thirty days (30) days of being won will be forfeited, and a redraw may take place, all at 106.5’s discretion.
9. Salt 106.5 may due to unavailability of prizes, substitute another prize of equal/similar value.
10. Salt 106.5 is not responsible for defective prizes.
11. Salt 106.5, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors or representatives absolve themselves of any liability, financial or otherwise, resultant of any ‘on’ or ‘off’ air competition staged by the station.
12. All competition entries and associated material become the property of Salt 106.5. Furthermore, Salt 106.5 may withhold any competition material crucial to the completion of a competition.
13. All contestants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that Salt 106.5 has the right to publicise and/or broadcast his/her name, character, likeness voice, or all matters incidental herein.
14. Winners understand and agree that they are responsible for any/all taxes incurred on prizes received.
15. In the event a winner chooses not to accept a prize, they forfeit any and all claims to the prize which can then be awarded to a competition runner up at the time at the discretion of Salt 106.5.
16. All prizes are not transferable, and are void where prohibited by law.
17. All prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the winner, and Salt 106.5 excludes all warranties in connection with the prize to the extent permitted by law.
18. All contestants release from, and indemnify Salt 106.5 against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize(s) or participation in any contest including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
19. Winners understand and agree that they are responsible for any/all taxes incurred on prizes received.
20. Salt 106.5 cannot be held liable for malfunctions or drop-outs in its, or the entrants, telephone system.
21. In the case of a dispute over telephone lines, the decision of Salt 106.5 is final. In the event that two telephone lines are tied together during a phone-in competition, the entire phone call will be disqualified and another phone call will be taken. Salt 106.5 cannot award duplicate prizes to both parties in a ‘tied together’ situation. An example of a tied together call may be two telephone calls originating from the same location or residence, or a party line.
22. Salt 106.5 may terminate any contest at any time at its absolute discretion. In the event of such termination, Salt 106.5 may at its absolute discretion elect not to award any prize in respect of the terminated contest.
23. The decision of Salt 106.5 relating to any matter is final.
24. Salt 106.5 will publish the names of the winners of any prize with a retail value in excess of $500 on Salt 106.5 within 48 hours of the winner being selected. This will remain on the website for at least 7 full days.