The World Day of Prayer for 2020 will be held on Friday the 6th of March and this year the Program is from Zimbabwe and the theme for this year is Rise, Take your Mat and Walk. There are a few local locations you can attend.
- St Johns Anglican Church, 176 Currie Street Nambour beginning at 9.30 a.m.
- Caloundra Lutheran Church, 16 Bombala Terrace, Caloundra at 9.15am for morning tea and Service at 10.00am.
- St Mary’s Catholic Church Buderim, 24 King St Buderim
- St Laurence’s Anglican Church Caboolture, 165 King St Caboolture
- Uniting Church Coolum Beach, Elizabeth St Coolum Beach
- Seventh Day Adventist Church Landsborough, 27 Malaney St Landsborough
- Catholic Church Maleny, Cedar St Maleny
- Salvation Army Maroochydore, Cnr Broadmeadows / Marochydore Rds
- Uniting Church Montville, Main St Montville
- Noosa District Catholic Church, 5 Moorindil St Tewantin
World Day of Prayer is a global ecumenical movement led by Christian women who welcome you to join in prayer and action for peace and justice. Through preparation and participation in the worship service, we can come to know how our sisters of other countries, languages and cultures understand the Biblical passages in their context. We can hear their concerns and needs and can feel ourselves in solidarity with them as we pray with and for them. In this way, it is possible to enrich our Christian faith as it grows deeper and broader in an international, ecumenical expression.
For further details visit the Website
For a comprehensive list of participating churches Australia Wide CLICK HERE