Home Community What's On The Biggest Morning Tea

The Biggest Morning Tea

The Biggest Morning Tea

Member for Buderim, Brent Mickelberg MP and Sunshine Coast charity Bloomhill Cancer Care are joining forces for a Biggest Morning Tea fundraiser for the community this month.

On Friday June 22, locals are invited to come and enjoy a sumptuous morning tea and the beautiful grounds at Bloomhill in Ballinger Road, Buderim.

The $5 per person donation will cover morning tea, with proceeds raised all being donated to the Cancer Council Australia.

Bloomhill Cancer Care CEO Chris Franck said whilst the charity was itself always seeking support to keep its services operational, this was an opportunity to “give back”.

“Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea is a great initiative of the Cancer Council and Bloomhill is keen to throw its support behind it,” Mr Franck said.

“Partnering with our local member for Buderim is an added bonus, and will be a great opportunity for local residents and our clients and volunteers to meet him.”

Another special guest on the day will be Tim Mander MP, the Deputy Opposition Leader who will be visiting the Sunshine Coast.

Mr Mickelberg said that Bloomhill Cancer Care and the Queensland Cancer Council were close to his heart as he lost his mother to cancer and knows only too well the impact the disease has on families.

“I am so proud to have Bloomhill Cancer Care in my electorate and to be able to introduce the charity’s amazing volunteers and professionals to the Deputy Opposition Leader is extremely special to me.

“From the shock of the initial diagnosis, the journey of a cancer patient and their loved ones is a gruelling roller coaster. Without support services like those offered at Bloomhill, the cancer experience can be scary and lonely. Bloomhill’s unique combination of therapies and treatments support carers as well as patients, which makes a profound difference,” Mr Mickelberg said.

The morning tea is on Friday June 22nd from 10am-11.30am at Bloomhill, 58 Ballinger Road, Buderim. To RSVP please contact Melissa at Bloomhill on 5445 5794 or email: melissa@bloomhill.com.au no later than Friday June 15th (for catering purposes)